It’s Ask an Archivist day! Have a question? Let us know!
June 9 is International Ask an Archivist Day!
Unfortunately, since it falls on a Saturday, it’s difficult for us clock-punching government bureaucrats to respond. That said, we like to think every day is ask an archivist day. So while we can’t guarantee a same-day response, do you have a question about one of our records? Is there a topic you’d like to see us cover? Don’t hesitate to ask and we’ll do our best to respond!
And don’t forget the other National Archives Tumblrs if you have specific interests:
- Preservation & Conservation - Preservation at the National Archives
- Congressional & Legislative Records - Congress in the Archives
- Presidential History - Our Presidents
- Records at the National Archives at Riverside, CA - Riverside Archives/TumblrWeed Times
- You can also contact the National Archives on Facebook & Twitter
- all our other Social Media Initiatives
(In the spirit of full disclosure and government transparency, we should mention that only one of us at Today’s Document is a professionally trained archivist - yours truly is just an IT Specialist with a history degree. But we can & do consult with our other archival colleagues when necessary.)
Have a question or request for Today’s Document?
58 Notes/ Hide
- skies-of-honey reblogged this from lavinrac
- lavinrac reblogged this from todaysdocument
- brihanna1 likes this
- seltzerlizard likes this
- wintermorning likes this
- mrarchivist reblogged this from ex-tabulis and added:
- mushytee likes this
- starry-dreamer likes this
- snagamat likes this
- birdmanjap reblogged this from todaysdocument
- anthonyxr likes this
- tjwock answered: Is this you not-so-subtly telling me to go to Chapel Hill so I won’t be a starving scientist?
- curmudgeonlaine likes this
- todaysdocument likes this
- thearchiviste likes this
- todbrowning answered: Sorry if this is the wrong dept, but what exactly happens once a film is entered into the National Film Registry?
- bbkld reblogged this from todaysdocument
- mssiemens reblogged this from congressarchives
- congressarchives reblogged this from todaysdocument and added:
- barelytolerable likes this
- congressarchives likes this
- audiokayness likes this
- ryanzhelp reblogged this from thepinakes
- ilnestjamaistroptard likes this
- stickart likes this
- dyrtybitch likes this
- onapathtoabetterme likes this
- runjuliet reblogged this from thepinakes
- isabowel likes this
- raccoonycoonkun answered: Random, but is there any written proof regarding the legality of WV’s statehood during the Civil War? Or VA’s recognition of WV’s statehood?
- raccoonycoonkun likes this
- overachieving-underachiever reblogged this from todaysdocument
- generalmike likes this
- penguinsweaters likes this
- ex-tabulis reblogged this from todaysdocument and added:
- hettie likes this
- thepinakes reblogged this from todaysdocument and added:
- colincurtis likes this
- ferrific likes this
- qualitymind likes this
- p2hot answered: Why are you so awesome?
- p2hot reblogged this from todaysdocument
- eponine119 likes this
- 2or3thingsiknowaboutfilm likes this
- historicity-was-already-taken likes this
- libriomancer reblogged this from todaysdocument
- libriomancer likes this
- spazolot reblogged this from todaysdocument
- feedthecrows reblogged this from todaysdocument